RE YOU READY FOR THAT CHANGE?
For 60 years Dutch Industries has taken great pride in providing producers with leading technologies in seed placement and moisture & energy conservation during the seeding process. Our reputation and commitment to ensure quality craftsmanship and exceptional customer service to our dealers and farmers continues to be unmatched in the industry.
If you are a highly motivated individual who would enjoy working in a smaller team environment and appreciate only having to walk a few steps to get timely and important decisions made for you, Dutch Industries and this position will interest you. Become part of our team and reputation and consider the following qualifications as important to success
Job Type: Full time permanent
Role and Responsibilities
- In this career you will design and test tillage tools for seed/fertilizer application.
Responsibilities and duties are but not limited:
- Understand capabilities of Dutch Industries (metal fabrication, engineering, etc.).
- Understand Dutch products (openers, manure spreaders, etc.).
- Become proficient with the Visual ERP system as it relates to engineering responsibilities.
- As a member of the manufacturing team, participate in the systematic review of all fabricated parts and assemblies to reduce costs and improve throughput, develop solutions and resolve problems.
- Working together with other engineers, shop and office staff, evaluate existing processes to recommend options to reduce costs of fabrication and improve performance, considering financial implications, productivity, safety aspects, etc.
- Participate in the investigation and implementation of new processes and equipment, participate in the design of new or upgraded equipment and tooling
- Plan, coordinate and participate in the research and development of new products and improvement of existing products (wear parts, whole goods), including application for grants, preparing reports for funding agencies and CRA, design and management of bench scale testing, prototype testing and field studies.
- Participate in product development through sales and engineering conferences, attending trade shows, interacting with customers, serve as engineering design support.
- Participate in field tours to evaluate performance of Dutch products, work with territory managers and sales staff to investigate problems to determine the root causes and develop solutions.
- Create models of parts, assemblies, drawings and specification for products, apply engineering principles to develop economical and functional designs and specifications that meet customer expectations.
- Actively seek out opportunities for new products and the application of new processes to Dutch Industries for the purpose of increasing the profitability of the company.
- Comply with confidentiality requirements of Dutch Industries.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Farming Experience will be considered an asset
- Engineering degree (BSc.) or other recognized post-secondary science degree.
- Proficient in 3D modeling, including motion studies and finite element analysis.
- Understanding of metallurgy.
- Knowledge of material specifications.
- Experience in the development of products including research and product testing.
- Familiar with metal fabrication processes, including progressive forming, casting, extrusion, etc.
- Experienced in project management.
Candidate must have high attention to detail and be able to work independently.
Dutch Industries offers a competitive salary and a competitive group benefits plan.
Dutch Industries thanks you for your interest. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please forward resume and Cover letter expressing interest to firstname.lastname@example.org