Dutch Industries is a progressive metal fabrication shop with over 60 years of serving the surrounding community as well as numerous other international customers. Our machine shop has industry leading technology consisting of multiple CNC mills and CNC lathes. If you are ready for a job that will provide you with a productive and developmental learning environment, along with helping you to build a long and prosperous career please apply today.
- Strong understanding of CNC Equipment including CNC Mills (3 axis and 5 axis), Lathes and Lasers.
- Understand and translate G code.
- Set, operate and program both CNC machines and Robotic equipment to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Ability to use a variety of precision measuring equipment.
- Follow directions given in drawings and Work Orders.
- Ability to work with both the Imperial and Metric systems.
- Able to effectively train and mentor new machine operators.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting with others (machinists, engineers, planners, etc.)
- Perform any duty as reasonably requested by the machining operations supervisor.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances, and prepare working sketches if necessary.
- Ability to ensure quality control of parts is performed on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of safety procedures.
- High attention to detail
- Perform routine maintenance of equipment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 4 years working with CNC machines
- Robotic welding experience
- Offline CNC Programming experience (BobCAD, Mastercam, etc.)
- Dutch Industries supports the apprenticeship program for machinists and employs two journeyman machinists who can provide supervision of apprentices who are interested in advancement.
Skills And Abilities
– Reading text
– Oral communication
– Working with others
– Problem solving
– Decision making
– Critical thinking
– Job task planning and organizing
– Computer use
– Continuous learning
– Own transportation
– Valid driver’s licence
– Public transportation is not available
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
– Machinist Trade Certification
– Machinist Red Seal Endorsement
– Set up and adjust production machinery
– Repair machine tools and parts
– Program computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
– Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
– Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
– Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
– Verify dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments
– Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
– Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
– General manufacturing
– Agricultural equipment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
– Tight deadlines
– Repetitive tasks
– Physically demanding
– Standing for extended periods
– Safety equipment/gear
– Steel-toed safety boots
Machining Tools and Machines
– Universal grinders
– Tapping machines
– Surface grinders
– Single purpose production machines
– Sawing machines
– Milling machines
– Drill presses
– Automatic lathes
– Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Type of Machine Experience
– Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
Work Site Environment
Wage/Salary Info: based on experience
Posted Date: 08-Sep-2020
Location: PILOT BUTTE
# of Positions: 2
Employment Terms: Full Time
Length of Employment: NIGHT SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Education: Technical/Applied Science Certificate
Experience: 3-5 Years
Apply By: 22-Sep-2020
How to Apply?:Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 781-4877. No phone calls. Please note that only those being considered for the position will be contacted for interview.